Searching for and evaluating private Health insurance, especially individual and family insurance coverage, has always been challenging. But a new Insurance Finder on HealthCare.gov just made the process a little easier. This new tool will help individuals find the Health insurance that is best suited to their individual needs. It was created under the Affordable Care Act to help consumers navigate the complicated insurance marketplace.
The new information can be found at http://finder.healthcare.gov/, and explains topics such as:
- COBRA Coverage
- Coverage for Young Adults Under Age 26
- Special Enrollment in Spouse’s Job-based Health Plan
- Health insurance Plans for Individuals and Families
- Special Options for Individual Health insurance
- Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan (PCIP)/High Risk Pool
- Finding Affordable Care
Furthermore, to help consumers make more informed choices, HealthCare.gov also includes, for each insurance product, two notable percentages that have never previously been available to the public
- The percentage of people who applied for coverage and were denied
- The percentage of applicants who were charged higher premiums due to their health status
The information provided on the website makes the insurance marketplace more transparent than ever before, so it is easier to evaluate the quality and cost of Health insurance plans. After reviewing the data, it is always important to speak with a professional, licensed insurance agent who can help you determine which plan best meets your medical and financial needs.