Here’s a partial list of training topics available this year for California employment law attorneys. This list, which applies in every state, should give businesses fair warning about some types of litigation they might face:
- RIFS — How to Do It Right Insider Tips and Tactics — The Art of Taking a Killer Employment Deposition
- The NLRB: What Every Labor and Employment Lawyer Needs to Know
- Use of Liability Experts in Harassment Litigation
- Managing Leaves: A Practical Guide for Employers and Employees
- Wage & Hour Class Action Update
- Ground Zero: An Expert Approach to Interviewing Techniques
- Data Privacy: The New Frontier
- Tracking Them Down: Techniques for Finding Witnesses, Former Employees and Other Information
- Using Digital Evidence in Workplace Investigations
- The “New Hire” — Independent Contractor or Employee?
- ADR: Issues and Trends
- Litigating Harassment Cases: On the Job Harassment Because of Sex, Race or Other Protected Characteristics
- Wage & Hour Class Actions after AT&T Mobility v. Concepcion
Bear in mind that these are only a few potential sources of litigation.