Do any of these sentences pop up into your head when you’re arriving at the workplace?
- I really dread coming in here today
- I’m afraid of that __________ today
- I feel tired just walking into this place
- This place is a disaster waiting to happen
- I wish it was Friday
- I wish I was anywhere but here
- I’m ready for the fight because I know I’m right
- I don’t care if they fire me today, they’re going to learn how I feel about it
- I have to get so much done and I don’t know when I’m going to be able to do it.
Guess what? These thoughts pop up in the heads of your employees. too. My question is what will you do to turn it around?
Many folks will wallow in a horrible complacency. Others will realize that if it’s going to change, they have to create this change. It’s both an inside and outside job.
Look at your situation like a new employee excited about the opportunity!
Also/ take a look at the checklist How to Create a Fun Workplace.