Preparing for a vacation can be one of the most exciting times in life. However, it comes with responsibilities beyond buying plane tickets and making hotel reservations.
For example, it’s all too easy to overlook the need for Travel Insurance. These “‘peace of mind” policies can protect travelers against everything from trip cancellation, and travel delays to lost luggage, medical emergencies (most Health policies have only limited coverage abroad) – and more.
Because coverages and rates vary widely, it can be difficult to choose the policy that’s best for you – and your pocketbook. To help you make the right decision, ask yourself these questions:
- Do I have a tight flight connection?
- Am I going to be travelling on non-refundable flights?
- Where am I going and what are the risks associated with traveling and the situation at my destination?
- Do I have any health problems that might crop up during my trip?
- Will I be driving?
- Will I be taking part in downhill skiing, surfing, or other high-risk activities?
- If I missed a flight or get injured, would I be able to afford a return ticket?
- What is the refund policy on my coverage?
- Have I read the fine print make sure that you understand exactly what is covered and – just as important – what isn’t?
- Have I compared similar policies to note any major price discrepancies?
Our Personal insurance specialists would be happy to help you answer these and other questions, to help ensure your peace of mind as you travel.