Driving on snow and ice is dangerous and can lead to panic and anxiety. To arrive safely at your destination, follow these safety tips:
- Drive carefully. Go slower than necessary and stay mindful of your surroundings.
- Get plenty of rest. Driving alone while fatigued is dangerous enough; throwing in adverse weather conditions and it becomes deadly. Be ready for anything.
- Check your tires to be sure that they’re filled properly.
- Don’t warm up your car in an enclosed area. Pull the vehicle out of the garage first.
- Make sure the gas tank remains half full. This will keep the gas line from freezing.
- NEVER use cruise control when driving in slippery conditions.
- ALWAYS use your seat belt.
- Keep emergency supplies in your vehicle. This includes blankets and jackets, batteries, flashlights, non-perishable food items, water, a radio, and a first aid kit.
Whenever you get behind the wheel, please remember that your actions affect yourself, your family, and others on the road. If you’re driving in less than stellar conditions, remain aware and cautious at all times.
We’re always ready to help meet your Auto insurance need. Just give us a call.